Navigating parenthood is one of the most difficult, but fulfilling, things you can ever do. Parenthood on its own can be tricky, but throwing an expected pandemic, an election year, and vast political movements on top of it is a whole other challenge. Whether this years’ series of events have prompted you to homeschool, or you’re simply already a homeschool parent, this weeks’ conversation is packed with knowledge, tips, and resources for you to utilize.
Today’s guest, Dr. Catherine Clinton shares how she’s created her own homeschool structure, her strategies to balance work and home life, as well as how to navigate teaching for different personalities. Tune into this episode for an abundance of tangible and helpful strategies to maximize your homeschooling experience.
- Catherine shares how she started homeschooling
- How Catherine created a structured schedule with flexibility
- Tips to overcome children’s boredom at homeschool
- How to navigate being a working parent and homeschool
- The importance of self-care
- Integrating activity to counterbalance screen time
- How to communicate stress and energy to children in a healthy way
- Creating an inviting workspace and making your schedule around activities
- How to use audiobooks, Podcasts, and Legos as a learning experience
- How you can use homeschooling as an opportunity to connect with your kids
- Should you adjust your homeschool schedule to a public-school schedule or not
- How to transition into a consistent sleep schedule
- The importance of integrating different learning activities
- What are lap books and how they can benefit your learning?
- Navigating homeschool during the quarantine